The 107th Annual Conference & Exhibition (ACE) of the Air & Waste Managememnt Association (A&WMA) will be held June 24 – 27, 2014 in Long Beach, California. The spotlight theme of the conference is “Navigating Environmental Crossroads”. The ACE technical program covers a myriad of air, environmental, and waste management topics ranging from air measurement and basic science, federal facilities, regulatory issues, sustainability, climate change, education, young professionals, and much more. Transportation is a particular focus of this year’s ACE consisting of a separate track and a mini-symposium on Transportation and Hubs and Ports.
The Transportation track will consist of six platform sessions:
- Latest Findings in Vehicle Emissions Modeling and Measurement (Part 1);
- Latest Findings in Vehicle Emissions Modeling and Measurement (Part 2);
- Transportation and Air Quality – New Case Studies and Methods;
- Transportation Land-Use and Exposure;
- Toward Sustainable Transportation; and
- Noise Emerging Issues.
The Mini-Symposium, which is essentially a specialty conference within a conference, will consist of a combination of 8 platform and panel sessions on:
- Emissions from the Transportation Sector at Long Beach and Los Angeles Ports;
- Emissions from Transportation Hubs and Ports;
- Diesel Emissions Updates – Multiple Transportation Modes;
- Greenhouse Gas Issues Related to Freight and Intermodal Facilities;
- Goods Movement and Ports – Balancing Environment, Economies and Policy;
- Los Angeles International Air Quality and Source Apportionment Study;
- Health and Community Impacts Related to Air Pollution from Ports, International Trade Activities and Goods Movement; and
- Review of Mini-Symposium Sessions – Impacts of Transportation Hubs & Ports.