Chair: Dr. Jane Lin – University of Illinois, Chicago
The TRB Transportation and Air Quality Committee:
- Provides for a mutual exchange of information among committee and task force members
- Identifies research needs
- Stimulates needed research
- Advises on research priorities and procedures
- Evaluates and interprets research findings
- Reviews papers for presentation at TRB meetings and for publication
- Encourages the adoption of appropriate research findings into practice
- Arranges special programs, conferences, and workshops
Annual and Mid-Year Meetings
The Transportation and Air Quality Committee meets during TRB’s annual conference and a mid-year meeting during the summer. TRB Annual Meetings occur in January in Washington DC. Mid-Year meetings take place in May, June, or July.
- 2012 TRB 91st Annual Meeting was held January 22-26, 2012 in Washington DC. The theme was Transportation: Putting Innovation and People to Work. The program attracted more than 11,000 transportation professionals from around the world, offering more than 4,000 presentations in nearly 650 sessions. The TRB 2012 Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers is available online.
- ADC20 Committee Meeting – Agenda and Presentations
- 2011 Mid-Year Meeting – the Transportation Planning, Land Use, and Air Quality (TPLUAQ) Conference was held May 9-10, 2011 in San Antonio, Texas. The presentations are available online.
- 2011 TRB 90th Annual Meeting was held January 23-27, 2011 in Washington DC. The theme was Transportation, Livability, and Economic Development in a Changing World. The 2011 TRB Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers is available online.
- 2010 Mid-Year Meeting – 2010 Environment and Energy Research Conference was held in Raleigh, North Carolina on June 6-9, 2010 at the Raleigh Convention Center. Presentation slides from many of the conference sessions are available online.
- 2010 TRB 89th Annual Meeting was held January 10-14, 2010 in Washington DC. The theme was Investing in Our Transportation Future – BOLD Ideas to Meet BIG Challenges.
- TRB 88th Annual Meeting- The theme was Transportation, Energy and Climate Change.
- Past TRB meetings, e-sessions and webinars
Committee Meeting Minutes
- 2009 Annual Meeting Minutes (draft) – January 13, 2009
- 2008 Annual Meeting Minutes (draft) – January 14, 2008
- 2007 Annual Meeting Minutes – January 24, 2007
- 2006 Annual Meeting Minutes (draft) – January 25, 2006
- 2006 Mid-Year Meeting Minutes – June 20, 2006
- 2005 Annual Meeting Minutes – January 12, 2005
- 2004 Annual Meeting Minutes (draft) – January 14, 2004
- 2003 Annual Meeting Minutes – January 13, 2003
TRB technical committees such as the Transportatation and Air Quality Committees identify, develop, and disseminate research need statements. Visit the Research page for additional information provided by the ADC20 Research Subcommittee.
The Transportation and Air Quality Committee of the TRB (ADC20) was one of the co-sponsors of a series of international workshops held in China, including:
- 2010 International Workshop on Mobile Source Emission Testing and Modeling held in Xiamen, China on December 16-18, 2010.
- 2009 International Workshop on Emission Models held in Beijing, China on December 17-18, 2009.